300 East Durfee, PO BOX79, Cerro Gordo, Il 61818
"Partnering with the community to provide a high quality education in a nurturing yet challenging environment that will empower all students to become competent and responsible citizens."
For results from the Jan 22nd Special Board Meeting please click below on
Kindergarten registration for any child who is eligible for the 2013-2014 school year.
To be eligible for kindergarten next fall the child must be 5 years old by September 1, 2013.
Parents will need to bring a certified copy of the child's birth certificate and a list of immunizations with them to the registration.
Please notify the grade school office at 763-2551 ext 300 to make arrangements.
It is very important for students to be registered in the spring as this is the time we decide how many classes will be needed for the fall.
IMPORTANT DATE CHANGES:
We will be testing March 10-14 with make ups during March 17-21.
3rd quarter ends March 21 (changed from March 14)
Report cards go home March 28 (changed from March 21)
1. Any boys’ or girls’ track participants who would like a track t-shirt can sign up in the office. The cost is $13.50 and money is due by march 13th. Sign up and pay in the office.
2. Seniors- Bring in Baby pictures for the yearbook. Mrs. Moore will scan it and give it right back to you.
3. CGB booster club is sponsoring tryouts for “Bucky” for next year. Please sign up in the office if you are interested. Times for tryouts will be announced later.
4. No basketballs at lunch until further notice
5. Seniors: Mrs. Bialeschki has posted due dates for the scholarships currently available. Check it out on her bulletin board.
6. Seniors: don’t forget to check the scholarships on the website daily. New scholarships have been added recently. Since they are listed alphabetically you need to look at the date posted to know which ones are new
7. NHS is collecting toiletry items for homeless veterans. Clean out your bathroom drawers and cabinets and bring all those mini sized hotel shampoo and soaps. Or bring in any un-opened hygiene items. Take your items to a box located in Mrs. Bialeschki’s office. More boxes will be available soon. NHS members are required to bring in a few items. We will wrap up this event at the end of March, so get your items to Mrs. Bialeschki in NOW. Thank you for your support.
8. The following students will be placement testing tomorrow morning: Jared Bentz, Skyla Guidish, Melissa Houk, Maddy Lawler, Molly Lawler, Andrea Shaffer, Stephanie Shook, Josie St. Pierre, Haley Thorton, Josie Timmerman, Haley Wright, Jordyn Eads, Brant Knowles, Tristan Comer, and Erin Giberson. Testing begins at 8:30.
9. Mrs. Bialeschki has information about a summer babysitting job. See her for details.
10. There will be a meeting tomorrow in the middle school gym at 7:15 for anyone interested in Bass Fishing. This is a mandatory meeting.
11. Scholastic Bowl: The bus for today’s regional at Warrensburg leaves at 3:30.
12. Com 3 5th and 6th hours must meet in the computer lab. Students bring To Kill a Mockingbird as well.
13. Congratulations to choir students who participated in the IHSA Solo/Ensemble Contest this past Saturday. The following duet earned a 1st place rating: Sarah Pryor and LAnie Dodson. Duets earing a 2nd place rating were: Justin Klein and Kylie Farison, and Sierra Suter and Brianna Robinson. Trios earing a first place were: Mason McNamara, Kylie Farison, Maddy Lawler; Andrea Shaffer, Mia Dodson, Kylie Farison; Andrea Shaffer, Kylie Farison, Keyli Morganthaler. The quartet of Justin Klein, Cory Pavetto, Lanie Dodson earned a first. The jazz choir earned a 1st place rating and the Best of Day award with their judge.
14. Grease Rehearsal at 5 to 6:30 tonight.
15. Reminder: the deadline for the T-shirt design contest for Post Prom is March 12th.
16. The Post Prom signup forms are available for pick up in the high school office. There will be a representative of the post prom committee available this week and next during lunch hours in the HS cafeteria to pick up any fully-completed, signed, and paid forms. If the form is not fully completed and paid, it won't be accepted at that time.
17. If you want a Post prom t-shirt you must sign up by Tuesday, April 1st.
1. Lunch choices today are Chicken Patty or Taco Salad.
2. Please make sure to keep your lunch balances positive. There is no charging for lunches or snacks.
3. Middle school students are to remain in the entry ways, and not enter the locker area until the 7:50 bell rings. If you are receiving help from a teacher, please go straight to their classroom. If you are in the hallways before without an excuse, you will be issued a detention.
4. Lollipops are still being sold before and after school. Stop by Mr. Navratil’s room, and see if you can “pick a winner!”
5. Newspaper Staff will have a meeting BEFORE lunch on Wednesday. Meet in Mr. Navratil's room directly after 4th hour to discuss the final issue of the Bronco Post.
6. Scholastic Bowl captains will meet DURING lunch on Tuesday. Get your lunch and head to Mr. Navratil's room.
7. If your parents have signed up for ISAT snacks or drinks for this week, please bring them to the office. Please make sure you’re getting plenty of sleep this week and starting you’re day off with breakfast.
Thought of the Day: Effort is a commitment to seeing through to the end, not just until you get tired of it.
Post Prom is holding a Moncial's fundraiser on March 25th.
Remember to mark your calendars for our very popular Dinner and Jazz Night to be held on April 5th at Cerro Gordo High School! Details will follow soon!
Prices for the CGHS band trip this year range from $799-$1,119 per student/chaperone. We appreciate your attendance at these fundraisers. You can help send a band student to New York City! As always, your support of the Cerro Gordo band program is much appreciated! Thank you!
It’s Cerro Gordo Alumni Tournament Time!
The Cerro Gordo-Bement Athletic Booster Club will be hosting the 29th Annual Alumni Tournament to be held on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, March 14, 15 and 16, 2014. Alumni of CGHS will be playing in basketball and volleyball games all weekend, and concessions will be available at all times. The cost for admission is $3.00 for adults per day, $2.00 for students per day, with seniors, children under 5 years & players with wristbands free, providing your entire family fun entertainment at a very reasonable price! We will also have a 50/50 raffle running the entire weekend at a cost of $1.00 per ticket, or 6 tickets for $5.00. We will draw the lucky winner before the championship game on Sunday (don’t need to be present to win)!
Our annual Saturday steak dinner will be held from 5-7 p.m. The menu will consist of an 8 oz. rib eye steak, twice-baked potato, green beans, salad, dinner roll, dessert and a drink for only $12.50 per person! Great food, entertainment and seeing friends and classmates! So much to be offered in one fun weekend, so bring your whole family!
And, don’t forget to visit the CGB Booster Club merchandise and apparel table. We have many items for sale at reasonable prices. If you are planning to attend the Alumni Tourney and want to purchase some items in advance (for you or for your team), you can contact Melissa Muirheid 217-763-6393, Regan Taylor Miller 217-972-2710 or Kim Cripe Klein 217-433-6033 and we can get those items to you.
If you are interested in signing up a team, please contact the Cerro Gordo High School office and speak with Mary Lawyer at 217-763-2711 for basketball entries, and contact Regan Miller for volleyball entries. The cost per person is only $30.00, which will include an alumni ‘huggie’. Not sure if you want to play full-court games, but still want to be a team member? We also encourage half-court teams to sign up this year for both men and women! We would love to see as many veteran players join us as possible! Women who want to play both half-court basketball as well as volleyball can pay an additional small fee of only $10.00 for BOTH events! The final day to sign up a team will be Wednesday, March 5th at 3:00 p.m. – no exceptions. Tournament brackets will be drawn on this day.
The proceeds from this alumni tournament will help fund CGHS scholarships. Your support of our CGB Booster Club and the Alumni Tournament allows us to do many things to help our school and students. We hope to have many alumni, friends and students join us in March so be sure to mark your calendars now!
CERRO GORDO SCHOOLS RECYCLING PROGRAM
Making a STEP towards a GREENer world
We will be collecting: Plastic bottles, Scrap paper, Newspapers, Magazines, & Cans
Bring items from home. Recycling will continue all year!
Deposit your recyclables in the marked totes located near the football field.
They are sitting next to the dumpsters at the back of the HS parking lot, behind the band room.
These will be picked up every Wednesday morning.
Thank you for all of your help!
HELP us CONTINUE to be GREEN!!!!